Last updated on Jan 31th, 2023
This Privacy Notice describes how Kachelmann GmbH (“Kachelmann GmbH” or “we”) collects, uses, or shares data obtained from you when you use its services at weathermodels.com ("Site").
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE NOW, OR FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF ANY CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, WILL INDICATE ACCEPTANCE BY YOU OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) Below, we would like to provide you with information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data which relate to you personally, i.e., for instance, your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The data controller pursuant to Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Kachelmann GmbH, Dorfplatz 2, CH-6417 Sattel, Switzerland, Support: [email protected], Contact: [email protected].
(3) We process and store your data in Germany, USA, and Switzerland. In its Decision 2000/518/EC of 26 July 2000, amended by Decision (EU) 2016/2295 of 16 December 2016, the EU Commission decided that Switzerland guarantees an adequate level of protection for personal data. The decisions can be viewed here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/DE/TXT/?uri=CELEX:02000D0518-20161217. For further information, please go to: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data- transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_de.
(4) If we assign service providers with the performance of individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we shall inform you below about the respective processes.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to us regarding your personal data:
• Right of access (Article 15 GDPR),
• Right to rectification or erasure (Article 16,17 GDPR),
• Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR),
• Right to object to processing (Article 21 GDPR),
• Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR),
• Right to withdrawal of consent (Article 7(3) GDPR).
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data (Article 77 GDPR).
§ 3 Objection to, or declaration of withdrawal regarding the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Such withdrawal shall affect the admissibility of processing your personal data for the time after you send your declaration of withdrawal.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on a balancing of interests, you may object to such processing. This is in particular the case if processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which we shall illustrate in the following description of the functions. When you exercise your right to object, we ask you to please explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data in this manner. In the event of a justified objection, we shall examine the situation and shall either stop or adjust the processing of your data or shall explain to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue such processing.
(3) You can naturally object at any time to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis. You can notify us about your objection to the processing of data for advertising purposes via the following contact data: Kachelmann GmbH, Dorfplatz 2, CH-6417 Sattel, Switzerland, Support: [email protected], Contact: [email protected].
§ 4 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not provide us with information otherwise, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary in order for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis for processing is Article 6(1)(1f) GDPR):
• IP address
• Date and time of the request
• Timezone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (specific page)
• Access status/http status code
• Volume of data transferred in each case
• Website from which the request originates
• Operating system and its interface
• Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk allocated to the browser you use, and through which certain information is sent to the body that sets the cookie (in this case, we set the cookies). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make internet offers in general more user-friendly and effective. The legal basis for such processing also is Article 6(1)(1f) GDPR.
• a) This website uses transient and persistent cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
• b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These store a so-called session ID with which different requests of your browser can be attributed to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
• c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified period which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
• d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§ 5 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. As a rule, you will have to provide further personal data for this purpose, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are audited regularly.
(3) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this situation in the description of the offer.
§ 6 Contacting us by e-mail
(1) If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via the e-mail addresses provided.
(2) For the purpose of contacting us, the data will be processed pursuant to Article 6(1)(1a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your message and, if applicable, further information) will be stored by us in order to answer your enquiry. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or restrict the processing if statutory retention obligations exist. In such cases, Article 6(1)(1c) GDPR is the legal basis of processing.
§ 7 Use of our fee-based portal
(1) If you wish to use our fee-based portal, you must register with us using an e-mail address and a password of your choice. You must also provide us with your payment details (e.g. account details, credit card number, expiry date, CVC code). If you require an invoice with a complete invoice address and you provide us with this information in the customer area, such data will also be processed and stored. In addition, we process and store the following data in relation to your account:
• Account status
• Account type
• Selected subscription
• Portal used
• Registration date
• Date of last change
• Key number to check whether the subscription is still valid
• Date of last check whether the subscription is still valid
• Invoices issued
(2) We process the data provided by you to process your order and to perform the contract. For payment processing, we pass the payment data and your e-mail address on to our payment service provider, Stripe Inc. We store your data until the access is permanently deleted. The legal basis for such processing is Article 6(1)(1b) GDPR.
(3) We are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your contact data, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, after two years, we will restrict processing, i.e. your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations. The legal basis for such processing is Article 6(1)(1c) GDPR.
(4) Stripe Inc. 185 Berry Street, Suite 550, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA, has subscribed to the EU- US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(5) In order to prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data, the connection is encrypted using TLS technology.
(6) Location Data. In order to provide weather services that are relevant to your location, we may collect your location information (“Location Data”). We may collect information about the searches you run on the Site, including requests for weather data in specific geographic locations. We may also collect information about your location based on your IP address or based on precise location data shared by your mobile phone or web browser (based on GPS, IP address, cell site information, or other real-time geographic location technologies).
(7) User Data. When you use the Site, we receive information generated through the use of the Site (“User Data”). For example, we may collect usage and log data about how you access or use the Site. We may also collect your IP address, operating system information, language settings, unique device identifiers, or other diagnostic or analytics data.
§ 8 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files which are stored on your computer and which allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of the website is normally transferred to a Google server in the USA, and is stored there. If IP anonymization is activated on the website, your IP address will, within Member States of the European Union or other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, first be abbreviated by Google. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA, and will be abbreviated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to analyse your usage of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide further services to the website provider relating to the usage of the website and the internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to inform you that, in this case, you may possibly not be able to fully use all features on this website. Furthermore, you can prevent collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address), as well as processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, so that identification of a specific individual can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you are personally identifiable, this will therefore be excluded immediately, and the personal data will thus be deleted without delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and continuously improve the use of our website. Using the generated statistics, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transferred to the USA, Google has subscribed to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1)(1f) GDPR.
§ 9 Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter. We use the so-called “two- click solution”. This means that no personal data are initially passed on to the plug-in providers when you visit our website. You can identify the plug-in provider by the marking on the box above its initial letter or the logo. We offer you the possibility to communicate directly with the plug-in provider via the button. Only if you click on the marked field and thereby activate it will the plug-in provider receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data specified in clause 4 of this Policy will be transmitted. By activating the plug-in, personal data are transferred from you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (for US providers, in the USA). As the plug-in provider collects data via cookies in particular, we recommend that you delete all cookies before using the plug-in, using your browser's security settings.
(2) We have no influence on the data collected and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes of processing, or the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an analysis takes place in particular (also for users not logged in) for the presentation of demand- oriented advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you will have to contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins, we offer you the possibility of interacting with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Article 6(1)(1f) GDPR.
(4) The data are transferred regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected by us will be directly attributed to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider will also store this information in your user account and will publicly communicate it to your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, especially before using the plug-in, as this will allow you to avoid attribution to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy policies of these providers as notified below. They will also provide you with further information about your rights in this regard and about setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data privacy information:
• a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on the collection of data: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084. Facebook has subscribed to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
• b) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has subscribed to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss- U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 10 Online marketing
Our website uses Google AdSense by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. This service enables Google and its advertising partners via the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads based on your prior visit(s) to our site and/or other Site on the internet. (personalized advertising) The tracked information does NOT include personal information like your name, e-mail or physical address or payment information.
Google processes your data in the US, it has joined the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework)
Legal basis for usage is our overriding legitimate interest in the marketing and financing of our services, Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
You may opt-out of personalized advertising at any time by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/ads. You may also opt-out of the usage of Google AdSense on this website completely, by visiting … Please keep in mind that the free version of this website is ad-financed and will not be available to you then.
See also our online marketing attachment below.
§ 11 Data security
(1) We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser when you visit the website. This is usually 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a specific page of our internet presence is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated in the address line of the browser by the symbol of a closed lock.
(2) We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are being improved continuously in line with technological development.
§13 COMPLIANCE STATEMENTS
3.1 Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from registering to use the Sites. If you are under the age of 13, do not register to use the Sites.
3.2 Law Enforcement Requests. Law enforcement requests for data may be directed to email@example.com. We comply with lawful law enforcement requests.
You are using an outdated browser () or an outdated browser version.